Yesterday my day started Bright and Early with a Phone call from some friends of mine across the street.. They were calling to invite Matthew my lil bro and I to Breakfast.. Who would pass up FREE FOOD right.. So of course we went.. We had Yummy Pancakes, Bacon and eggs.. It the perfect breakfast for the day that I was about to have.... After Breakfast Matthew, Conner(Matthews Friend) and I went on a hike on the Bonneville Shoreline Trail in Provo above Rock Canyon Park... It was a perfect day for a hike.. Not to hot with a slight breeze...
Later on I met up with some friends (Scott, Michael and Taly) and we went to SLC.. I had never been to the Gate Way Mall and so Scott stepped up to his friendly duty and said he would take me. When we got there of course our first stop was to the Planetarium.. It was SOOOO Awesome.. As many of you know.. I LUV STARS!!! This picture is of an area where you could see what it was like to walk on the moon...
After walking around we went to the gift shop and played with everything.. Here's Scott sportin 2 pairs of sun glasses... He also bought himself a Wickedly Awesome Frisbee...
After wards we decided it was time to get something to Eat. After a Mean game of Rock Paper scissors.. (Which once again I lost) We went to the Sky Box for dinner.. We got to sit in Stadium seating and watch 3 different games on 3 HUGE screens while eating our dinner.. Taly Order a Monster Burger. None of us thought it was this big..WAY TO GO TALY!!!
After Dinner we walked around Gateway some more.. and enjoyed the Nice Night.. We listened to a band play and even got to see a cool Guy playing the bag pipes...
As we started up the trail of course my feet started to Kill.. Rocks where getting in my shoes, and I could feel every little thing I stepped on, and my shoes were starting to rub on the heels.. But after many stops and much patients from my friends we made it to the top.. And my shoes where still white!!!
Once we got there I sat on the edge and this is what I saw.. As I sat there thinking about my sore feet.. I was suddenly over come by a sweet spirit.. and all of a sudden I didn't care about my feet.. I thought about what all the Pioneers went threw to get to this Beautiful Valley.. and the trails they over came.. I also thought about the all of the trials I had gone threw over the past few years and how I was able to over come them and how it was like climbing that mountain.. It was tough and I often felt like giving up.. but with help I was able to make to the top.. Just like I did when even I felt like changing my life was to hard and not worth it My Heavenly Father Picked me up and Helped me make it to the top.. As the rest of them were talking I sat and starred at the SLC Temple and thought how much I really wanted to go there.. It has been 13 years since the last time I was worthy to go inside the Temple and I thought how grateful I was for the Repentance process and that Heavenly Father suffered my sins for me so that I can be forgiven and made clean again.. I can't wait for the day when I can inside the Temple again.. (Hopefully very very Soon) so I can feel again the reverence and spirit that it there.. I am very grateful for Scott for suggesting this wonderful idea... After our hike back down the mountain we headed home.. I felt bad because I was very quiet on the drive home but I was just trying to let all of emotions I had felt sink in.. and I also didn't want to let anyone else know that I had been crying.. ( I get the over-whelming crying from my mom)
Once we got there I sat on the edge and this is what I saw.. As I sat there thinking about my sore feet.. I was suddenly over come by a sweet spirit.. and all of a sudden I didn't care about my feet.. I thought about what all the Pioneers went threw to get to this Beautiful Valley.. and the trails they over came.. I also thought about the all of the trials I had gone threw over the past few years and how I was able to over come them and how it was like climbing that mountain.. It was tough and I often felt like giving up.. but with help I was able to make to the top.. Just like I did when even I felt like changing my life was to hard and not worth it My Heavenly Father Picked me up and Helped me make it to the top.. As the rest of them were talking I sat and starred at the SLC Temple and thought how much I really wanted to go there.. It has been 13 years since the last time I was worthy to go inside the Temple and I thought how grateful I was for the Repentance process and that Heavenly Father suffered my sins for me so that I can be forgiven and made clean again.. I can't wait for the day when I can inside the Temple again.. (Hopefully very very Soon) so I can feel again the reverence and spirit that it there.. I am very grateful for Scott for suggesting this wonderful idea... After our hike back down the mountain we headed home.. I felt bad because I was very quiet on the drive home but I was just trying to let all of emotions I had felt sink in.. and I also didn't want to let anyone else know that I had been crying.. ( I get the over-whelming crying from my mom)So that was my day of adventures.. It was full of Fun, Food, Family and Friends!!!



3 comments:
Wow what amazing things you did. I am glad you got to go the gateway and the sky box. And how fun to go on your morning hike with Matt and Conner...you are a brave woman! And thanks for sharing your experience at Ensign Peak. Isn't it amazing how the Lord can talk to us so clearly and touch our hearts when we are in nature. What a wonderful testimony you have, and a great example you are to those around you. :)
Sounds like a day packed full of fun. I'm thinking that this summer you and I should have one of those :)
Jessica you are amazing
What a sweet spirit you have about you always. I'm proud to be your Mama J
Post a Comment